[SEL] Power Hacksaw

Bill Dickerson bill at antique-engines.com
Mon Sep 4 07:09:46 PDT 2006

I was using mine to cut "rebar" at the Waukee show. Powered by a 2hp Alamo
"idling" along at a pretty slow speed.
I could measure my pulleys in a bit - I certainly would not run it faster
than I was doing.
Toughest part was keeping the belt from slipping on the uneven ground there
alignment wasn't easy but once going, it worked quite well and got a number
of remarks.

Yours looks like it's a step up in size from the one I powered with the
engine - looks closer in size to my 14" saw which is the same make/brand and
all, just the next model up.
It's powered with an electric motor about the size of a washing machine
motor.

Bill
Runnells, IA  USA
Our thoughts with all of Australia as I read of the news of Steve Irwin.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html