[SEL] Very OT but need help

Elden DuRand edurand at iglou.com
Tue Oct 31 09:01:52 PST 2006

Curt:

I had a similar problem with my '54 International wood haulin' pickup.  Then, it happened with my '50 Chev.  Both were kept outside and in the fall, the little critters would invade.

If I remembered, along about the first cold day, I would set traps inside them before they could whelp (or whatever they do!) and wouldn't have the problem.

Most times, though, I'd forget and soon after cold weather set-in, I would be blessed with the smell of a death camp.  After about tearing the car and truck apart and not finding the mouldering remains, I would just turn the heater on full and roll the windows down.  After a while, about the time you get sorta used to the fragrance, it fades away.

Another solution would be to liberally spray Diesel fuel all over the inside and outside of the car.  That'd mask the smell and they'd both fade out at about the same rate.

Either way, you'll be a better person for the experience.

Take care - Elden