[SEL] Very OT but need help

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Tue Oct 31 07:42:52 PST 2006

Hi Curt,
  Take your car to the bad side of town and leave the keys in the ignition
with a six pack of beer on the seat and when it goes away hope they destroy
it and claim it on insurance. GRINNNN,,,,  Just kidding folks!!!!
The place I would start would be the heat box or plenum or blower housing.
But they could be in the head liner, dashboard, wheel well, heater ducts,
under the carpet, who knows where. A mouse will nest anywhere. Keep tearing
till you find them. You may have to entirely gut the car. Even after the
carcasses are dried up when it gets damp out the car will always have an
odd odor.
  Bad thing is once a mouse or a rat takes up residence its like a neon
sign that flashes RODENT MOTEL HERE!. And odds are the proximity to the
house had no influence on if the mouse came in. Its just fall.

                                  Good Luck,   Mark

At 06:52 AM 10/31/06, you wrote:
>We live on the farm and my wife parks her car just outside our back door most
>of the time.  Recently weve discovered that mice are some how getting into
>the
>interior through the wheel wells and have taken up residence.  I set and
>trapped one mouse the other night and noticed that she has been nursing young.
>Since then they must of died some where in the heating ducts and has made the
>car almost unbareable for her to drive back in forth to work without gagging
>from the dead mouse smell.  I have already removed all four of the seats and
>most of the trunk compartment and did find much debrie and droppings but no
>actual nest.  Has anybody had this experience and how did you resolve the
>problem.  We are trying to avoid going to the dealer.  The car is a 2004
>Toyota Matrix.
>any and all advise would be appreciated.  Thankyou in advance.
>Curt & Becky Andree

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM at cell #419.516.2996 If you have Verizon Cell Phone
you may call the cell number during the weekday hours. No Sunday calls if
possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark