[SEL] Working on a Maytag for my Grandson.

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 29 04:32:26 PST 2006

I bought some Glyptol (Glyptal) last year from a place in New York, I think
the name was Creswel, Caswell, something like that, just Google it. I was
welding the transmission case on my Titan back together. I wanted something
to seal any hairline cracks as well as sand pits in the casting. I talked to
one of their engineers and he said it would work. It was around $30 a quart.
I talked to every engine machinist I could think of and none knew where I
could buy the exact stuff used in engine blocks.

As for using it in a gas tank I'd just use a tank sealer or nothing. I
wouldn't think you'd get that much of a rust problem.

John