[SEL] Working on a Maytag for my Grandson.

BillMil357 at aol.com BillMil357 at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 14:37:22 PDT 2006

Dave,

 I will have to give credit where credit is due, you sure know your  Maytag
tools,

OK, We are working on a model 91 single cyl Maytag, now can some of you  tell
me if the taper pin that holds the kick start mechanism on the crankshaft  is
it driven out from the slot end or the other end of the pin ?   My Grandson
and I are going to take the cast iron Maytag parts over to my OLE  Buddy Paul
Maples next Saturday and bead blast them and I want to know if I  can paint the
inside of the cast iron gas tank with Epoxy paint to keep it from  getting
rusty and cruddy. What was that stuff that they use to paint red the  inside of
engines and it stayed slick and pretty, seems like it was Glyptol any  of you
fellows remember it?

Thanks,

Bill Miller
Memphis, TN.