[SEL] 11 HP Austral Update

Elden DuRand edurand at iglou.com
Thu Oct 26 07:55:26 PDT 2006

Dave:

Reading your post reminds me of a way to help start a reluctant semi-Diesel or Bronz (Thermoil) engine.

Get a can of Coleman camp fuel or the cheaper equivalent at Wally World (naptha).  When starting prep is complete, pour some naptha on a rag and, while cranking, hold it near the air intake.  The naptha lowers the combustion temperature of the fuel enough for it to fire when the cylinder walls and piston are cold.

Don't know how it would work with the Austral but it might be worth trying.

BTW, I agree with your PPS (you Old Fart!)       :-)

Take care - Elden
edurand at iglou.com
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand