[SEL] 11 HP Austral Update

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Wed Oct 25 14:44:21 PDT 2006

Hi All,
	Several things re: my new toy: 1.) With Rob's patient guidance I've
relearned how to start the damn thing. (Damn, getting old is a BITCH!)
Seems that I was not holding either the intake valve nor the vapor valve
open long enough--especially the vapor valve! 2.) The Austral now has about
15 gal. of coolant in it and it is protected down to -30 F. (Thanks to all
on the List who helped on that!) and 3.)  I took the engine to get it
weighed. After subtracting the weight of the trailer I determined that my
11 HP Austral weighs right at 6.500 lbs.
	Early next week I'll take the engine off the trailer and put it away for
the winter. All good things must come to an end--and so it is with this
show season!
	Dave
PS, Life is GOOD!
PPS, Support TERRORISM--Vote DEMOCRAT!