[SEL] Piston Size Needed for John Ames Stover

Skip Landis skipl130 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 17:22:59 PDT 2006

paul' i have a piston 5" by 5 3/4. 3 3/4 deck height with a 1 1/4 wrist pin hole.  skip

Paul Maples <paulmaples at sbcglobal.net> wrote:  Ok gang I now have all of the necessary dimensions (I think) of the piston size that John Ames needs for his 3 HP Stover:

Diameter - 5.00 inches
Height - 8.00 inches
Wrist Pin Diameter - 1.375 inches
Distance from center of wrist pin to top of piston - 4.500 inches
The piston had (3) .375 inch rings.

Guys if you know of anyone who has a piston like this, or a piston that will work, or someone that makes cast iron pistons please let me know or John. Is e-mail address is AMESDOLL at CS.COM

Thanks for the help.

Paul