[SEL] Canandaigua Pageant of Steam, Steam in NY

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Sat Oct 21 16:59:48 PDT 2006

Thanks for the info.  I am interested in these great machines and I
hope to volunteer to help maintain and run them at some point.  Right
now, I am just learning, and I have no intention of owning one.  Way
to much money for me.

Living in NY state, it just amazed me that they are allowed at
all.  They are large and fun after all.  It seems that the machines
are inspected every witch way, but the operators are
not.  Interesting.  I wonder if you can drive one on the road with
out a licence. ;-)

Frank

Hi Frank and all;
      I'm pretty much a stationary steam engine type, but we have a traction
engine owner in our group here in Camillus, plus we operate a small portable
we picked up in Ohio. ..........