[SEL] Fw: John Ames 3HP Stover - Needs Help

Joseph L Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Oct 20 06:54:05 PDT 2006

Oh My GOD, Paul,

Is this John's first experience with any engine?
Are we missing something here?

My first thought would be to compress the bottom ring with a large hose
clamp, like they use
on clothes dryer outlets, and tap the piston back up.
If that didn't work, I might try to break the ring off - but - probably
not.
I have no idea where he thinks he's going by butchering the piston
itself.

While he's got the Acetyline torch out, he might as well cut the rod.

Holy S***

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/     Remember when TV bloopers were a rare mistake -
 (_o_)                   not the entire show?