[SEL] Literature Request for F-M Power Station

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 20:53:21 PDT 2006

I am sending you two disks, the first one contains the literature
previously mentioned, and then another one containing the first half of a
book entitled "Oil Engine Power Plant Handbook", a practical book on
setting up and operating diesel engines. THe reason I am only sending the
first half is because it is all I scanned before I got sidetracked. The
second half is all advertising, anyway.
It will go out in the morning.
If you find yourself needing rings or injector parts, let me know. We also
have extra lubricators and an injector tester. Our engines are complete
and we got a ton of parts from some others that were junked. There were a
lot of these plants around here and there are a few that are not yet
junked.
The electrical end of it is pretty simple. I hope I am right in assuming
that you will not try to use the 2200 volt generator as it is, and if you
do try to use it, you will look into rewinding it for 208Y-120 or some
other useful voltage.
If you ever get out this way and want to see a neat power plant, I have a
friend who has a hydro plant his grandpa built new in 1916. It is still
running and has seen very little repair or renovation. The plant is a 2300
volt plant, with the electrical machinery built by Electric Machinery Co.,
of Minneapolis and the turbines by James Leffel, of Springfield,Ohio. It
is a really neat little plant with nice marble switchboard and lots of
brass bezel guages and big knife switches. Very Cool.
Joe

Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA