[SEL] Friend found a Famooose, Part I

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Wed Oct 4 09:19:15 PDT 2006

  Yup, some guys have all the luck..no actually I'm quite happy for my
friend, Corky.  Believe it or not he went down to a local tourist trap (well
not exactly, it's pretty kewl) and what did he find parked up from the
borrow pit a ways, but this 12hp Famous.  Been made into a "log splitter"
but still pretty neat.

    He approached the owner and got the usual NOT FOR SALE.  Well after
shooting the breeze a little, the guy would trade for some ole Ski Doo's.
Well that took Corky about one day to find and we rounded up three, cleaned
them up and took them down.  The guy was estatic.

   So now we have the piston and cylinder at my place....and beating our
heads how to move the flywheels/crank, base and sub-base down a short, steep
embankment into a shallow but wide borrow pit.  Boy are we coming up with
some BF's.  Can't remember now what machine he used to get it up there...but
we want to be a little more careful.

  Well here's some pix's and stay tuned for Part II:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/554575609hGMWbp

Have a good'un
RickinMt.