[SEL] Re: The Austral Has Landed!

Mick Christie mickc at vic.australis.com.au
Sun Oct 1 01:35:32 PDT 2006

G'day Dave
Also about running australs that slow(70 to 80 rpm) it puts a lot of stress
on the crank as they are not a one piece crank but are made up of 5 parts
and are pressed together and i have seen quite a few damaged austral cranks
over the years an 2 were a result of running very slow and they ended up
cracking the crank webs and then the crank pins came loose. Just thought i
would let you know as it would be a shame to damage it and it would be
incredably hard to find another crank for that engine.
   Cheers
         Mick