[SEL] "Boiling a block" with babbitt bearings

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Thu Nov 16 05:13:44 PST 2006

Thanks Mark...I need to find out exactly what solution they use here
nowdays.  "Hot Tank" in my lingo, was the ole Trichlorethlene(sp)in a big
tank and it was heated.  The vapors did the work and work well it did.

I'd like to keep the babbitt as is, with minimal cleaning/scrapping..it is
soooo thin.

Regards,
RickinMt.