[SEL] Write up

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 6 09:50:14 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Gray" <segray at bigvalley.net>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Write up

> Mornin' Reg & All -
>   Since I volunteered to take over the SEL member write-ups for Dave a
> while back, I also agree that these should be updated now and then (my
> own is a good example!). Having just spoken with Dave this morning about
> the subject, we both felt it would be a good idea for all those who want
> to be included in the intros page, to have you post your new/rehab'd
> intro to the list to let the members get a glimpse of what's new, and I
> will filter those off, both by hand and by email filter, to a special
> folder to collect them all. After a sufficient number of updates are
> collected (and I hopefully get past some of the legalities concerning
> the contractor who botched up my shop building!), I will start putting
> some time in on rebuilding the intro page. Strictly as a thought at this
> point, IF it appears it would work out feasibility wise and preference
> wise, I might also consider building a matching member photo page and
> hosting it. If you want to add/update pictures, consider what you would
> like to see and let me know. I'll pass on the general consensus to the
> list after a trend develops.
> **** IF YOU DO POST AN INTRO, please include the term "Intro" in the
> message Subject to help me catch them as they're posted!  ****
> Any comments on this?
> - Steve

As Steve has just said I think it is a good idea to post to the list first.
That is how it started in the first place about 4 years ago (I think!)
The usual winters cabin fever was developing so some genius suggested
we posted our histories & details to calm things down.
The results were so good that I copied them all & posted them in list form.
Unfortunately, much as I would like to repeat it I am not able to do it now.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv