[SEL] Curved spokes ...engine rotation

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Tue May 23 20:17:15 PDT 2006

>Another question is why did the majority of British
>makers use curved and the Majority of US use straight
>Cannot be that the poms could not cast straight spokes
>without cracking, I think it was all about "that is
>the way we did it for steam" and it looks better.
>Whats you thoughts
>Kerry

Hi Kerry,
         The truth is that the majority of those of us in the USA are
"straight" (94%) while the majority of those in the UK are not. (Only 26%
of those in the UK are "straight" according to the latest Zogby poll--see:
http://zogby.com/ )The DOWN side of this for those of us in the USA is that
the 26% of those in the UK own 69% more trapezes than do the 94% of us in
the USA.
         Dave
PS, Ask Dolly about that last statistic!