[SEL] Curved spokes ...engine rotation

Kerry Morris ozhornsby at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 17:09:08 PDT 2006

G'Day Peter

No it is not always the case.
Take Hornsby, their transportable engines were in a
different direction to their stationary.
Been a thread before, some believe that it is about
centrifugal forces etc but did not effect Hornsby's.

Another question is why did the majority of British
makers use curved and the Majority of US use straight
Cannot be that the poms could not cast straight spokes
without cracking, I think it was all about "that is
the way we did it for steam" and it looks better.
Whats you thoughts

Kerry
Lithgow OZ