[SEL] Re: Quirindi Pics/ now inquiry about girder frame engines.....

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon May 22 09:37:26 PDT 2006

Rob,
They were quick to identify the Star engine for you. Star engines were
one of the engines I was quite facinated with. We saw a few and here is
a picture of one.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Australia2005/Australia2005%20287.jpg>

Don't know if all Star engines are girder frame engines but the ones we
saw were. Aside from the huge Hornsby Ackroyd's we saw I believe these
are the only girder frame engines I've ever seen.

So experts, tell us, besides Hornsby Ackroyds and Star, who else made
girder frame engines? Any in the US? Europe?
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC