[SEL] A very usefull Engine work site

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Mon May 22 05:48:47 PDT 2006

The post below was to the English Engine list & I found Simon's info
& pictures to be very good. He said I can pass it on to the lists so see below.
Gents,
You may be interested in seeing a few photos showing how I made an oil
scraper ring for a 3/1.
Start at this photo - http://simon-wass.fotopic.net/p29266221.html and
theres 19 more.
1" of 100mm cast iron and about 5 hours later, I have a ring!
I need to make a set of 40thou oversize rings and another scraper ring
for my 3/1. I have found the previous owner of my 3/1 has fitted a
standard set to a 40thou piston, this leaves a gap of 0.140" instead of
12 - 16thou. The bit of iron will only do 3 rings so it'll have to do,
putting the 3 correct size ones to the top.
regards, Simon
http://simon-wass.fotopic.net/c755015.html
He doesn't just cover rings, see the rest of his site.
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv