[SEL] Wico "F"

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Sat May 20 21:08:50 PDT 2006

Hi Dave -

   Yeah, this is a new one to me, it's the only rotary mag I've ever
seen from Wico. The Witte it's on is somewhat of an odd ball, for that
matter. I should have put these pics up earlier. The armature, nothing
more than a section of the laminated core, is pressed onto a bronze
sleeve and includes the adjustable cam to operate the points. This
assembly is mounted on a steel tube that is part of the stationary mag
base plate. Similar to the EK and PR mags, the armature lines up with
the laminated core, in this case, with 6 bar magnets at the top behind
the name plate. When the flywheel is mounted on the crank, a pin screwed
into the flywheel engages a small drive hole in the armature and rotates
it in unison with the crankshaft. Different to say the least!

Try these:

WicoF1 <http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/WicoF1.jpg>
WicoF1A <http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/WicoF1A.jpg>
WicoF1B <http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/WicoF1B.jpg>