[SEL] Looking for info on Robertsonville Canadian engine

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Thu May 11 10:55:21 PDT 2006

I'll be happy to pass along what I find, and thank you for the additional
info. I believe they have a 4hp. I'll try to find out more.
And as far as "copies", this is the same time period for the Canadian
Chapman engine. Well, Stephen Chapman was associated with OWE&PC, which
sold Stickney (sp) engines. They wanted their own engines, so Chapman went
off and came up with Chapman engines.
(I think I got that correct.........)
 Hmmm, funny how their mounting system and exhaust for the large frame
engines looked a lot like Stickney large engines.
If I recall, there were other similarities, rarity being among them :-)

Quality engines, however.
But it shows how copying was being done.

Shoot, take the Ural and BMW motorcycles........... lot's of countries and
companies do it.

Bill