[SEL] Old tool

William Olson weolson at wiktel.com
Fri May 5 16:29:25 PDT 2006

The tool is used to file the raker teeth of a crosscut saw.  You would
set the tool on the saw with the raker tooth extending through the hole
in the center depressed section.  The screw on the bottom is then
adjusted to the proper height to file the raker so that it is just below
the height of the cutting teeth (('m not sure of the amount, perhaps
1/64 or 1/32 of an inch) or whatever setting works for you.  Then you
would have to file the raker with a cant file just until the flat
portion of the raker disappears.  Now you have a  sharp set of rakers
that will rake out the small portion of wood that the chisel teeth have
cut the sides on.
I hope this helps.
William Olson
Roosevelt, MN