[SEL] Edd's 10hp Famous

Vivas1993 at aol.com Vivas1993 at aol.com
Wed May 3 17:41:27 PDT 2006

Patrick,
 Thanks for the pictures of Edd's 10hp IHC. Edd, that's a fine looking
engine !

 Now for some opinions. I have an 8hp IHC portable in about the same
condition as Edd's engine. The only major part that is missing is the screen  cooler
& the intake valve gas saver lock, it's a hit &  miss. Several years ago when
I got the engine, plans were to do a complete  restoration. Now I kinda like
the looks of an as found engine. Although the  piston is still stuck, the
engine seems to be in pretty good shape, gears look  great and the bearings show
very little wear.
 So if was your engine, what would you do ?  Complete  restoration, or just
clean it up and bring it back to running condition ?
 Thanks,
 Dwight Vivas
 Matoaca, VA.

-------------------------------1146703287

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Patrick,</DIV>
<DIV> Thanks for the pictures of Edd's 10hp IHC. Edd, that's a fine loo=
king=20
engine ! </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> Now for some opinions. I have an 8hp IHC portable in about the sa=
me=20
condition as Edd's engine. The only major part that is missing is the screen=
=20
cooler & the intake valve gas saver lock, it's a hit &=20
miss. Several years ago when I got the engine, plans were to do a compl=
ete=20
restoration. Now I kinda like the looks of an as found engine. Although the=20
piston is still stuck, the engine seems to be in pretty good shape, gears lo=
ok=20
great and the bearings show very little wear. </DIV>
<DIV> So if was your engine, what would you do ?  Complete=20
restoration, or just clean it up and bring it back to running condition ?</D=

<DIV> Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV> Dwight Vivas</DIV>
<DIV> Matoaca, VA.</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>