[SEL] Re: pulley

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Mar 17 10:16:48 PST 2006

At 07:00 PM 17/03/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 12
>Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:38:49 EST
>From: ELIDAS at aol.com
>Subject: [SEL] Re: pulley
>
>I'm trying to remove a pulley attached to a IH LA.. This is NOT the
>flywheel. This has what seems to be two parts. One is the pulley itself
>that has  an
>aprox five inch hole in it. Inside of that there is a hat shaped gizmo  that
>fits on the shaft and the center of the pulley.. This has a split about  half
>way through it.  There is a series of bolt holes in the pulley that  line up
>with bolt holes in the "hat gizmo" There are no bolts,set screws etc.
>I  guess
>they are tapered.
>  I've tried a BFH without any results. Any Ideas?
>  Mike Semanoff

Mike
         It sounds like a "Taper Lok" pulley. There should be grub screws
in "some" of the holes -remove them and screw them into the other holes
that line up with the pulley (they should only have threads cut in the one
side of the "hole"). This forces the pulley off the "hat gizmo" which
should have a slot on one side to put a wedge "old screwdriver" into to
open it and get it off the shaft. Replacement is the opposite of removal.
http://www.beijingthc.com/bushing/tb_taperlock_bushings.htm

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---