[SEL] Falk piston core box and pattern update.

Bob Willman blcksmth at wcnet.org
Tue Mar 7 17:16:06 PST 2006

	I use whatever is handy. Last fall I needed a set of bore inserts
for a split lineshaft pulley. I used a boring bar to turn the inside
diameter to shaft size after drilling it with a Forstner bit to the nearest
diameter. If I made a method to hold wood chisels in the tool rest I would
probably use wood chisels. I suspect the surface would end up smoother using
a wider cutting surface. The finish inside the bore inserts was not
critical. I turned the outside on the wood lathe and just made the final
pass on the metal lathe. I have found that turning the inside diameter
several inches deep on a wood lathe is not very accurate.

Bob Willman
Bowling Green, Ohio
The Eagle's Anvil
WB8NQW