[SEL] Tod Engine Works Foundry

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Fri Mar 3 04:19:56 PST 2006

The planned startup of foundry operations at the Tod Engine Works two weeks
ago didn't goquite as planned. The motor generator set overheated and ruined
the alternator windings, so I had to borrow another 50kw unit from a friend.
It turned out to be the wrong frequency and after it failed to melt metal I
went and picked up yet a third MG set, this one is the correct frequency but
is twice the size of the first unit, being 100kw.

So starting yesterday I've been setting up the 100kw unit and getting it
ready for a test heat this weekend.

BTW Arnie that trailer you sold me has been a real lifesaver.  I've been
using the heck out of it and it carried the 4,000 lb. MG set back from Akron
without a complaint.  Of course not having springs makes for a rough ride at
times!

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Works
Makers of Quality iron, steel, ductile iron
and nonferrous castings
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799