[SEL] Is a Rare Engine Worth a Case of Good Beer?

Paul Evans paul at semidiesel.com
Tue Mar 7 11:18:10 PST 2006

Hi All,
Not sure whether or not to shout at Arnie!

We restricted the appeal to the Friends of the Museum  rather than post
to Newsgroups and SEL etc as SEL has already made a pretty sizeable
donation to the museum for which we are very grateful indeed, would have
seemed cheeky to ask for yet more help.

However, as the cat is out of the bag.

http://www.mkheritage.co.uk/bpt/vdocs/powerroom.html is a similar engine
installed at the same time.

As an electric (generating) engine she has a very large flywheel and
runs very well. When I first saw the engine in 1984 it was obvious she
had never done any real work and was in perfect order. More used to
large steam mill engines she was  first big oil engine I had ever played
with she was an eye opener, ran like a clock and is the main reason why
I moved away from steam and into internal combustion engines.

I could do nothing at the time she was disposed of as I had just moved
jobs and was staying with my parents while I found a new house, couldn't
really see it sat in their garden :-)

Although dismantled for quite some time the engine is still in good
condition and will be a reasonably straight forward assembly job after
some cleaning. Still complete with the two original large dynamos she
will make a seriously impressive exhibit.

Any help on this is appreciated no matter how small, the hauliers as
usual will do us a good price but the two wagons needed don't come cheap.

Thanks to those who have already chipped in and hope a few more of you
get to visit sometime.

Thanks for the support
Paul & Hazel

--

Internal Fire Museum of Power

Castell Pridd, Tanygroes, Ceredigion, Wales, UK SA43 2JS

http://www.internalfire.com