[SEL] blasting cabinet question - OT sort of

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Jun 8 11:42:48 PDT 2006

>From: "Bill Brueck" <b2 at chooka.net>
>Subject: RE: [SEL] blasting cabinet question - OT sort of
<Big snip>

>  Now the Plexiglas lid is pretty cloudy,
>I'll need to cut another one of these days.
>Bill Brueck (brick)
>Chatfield, MN, USA

Hi Bill (and List)
         Plexiglas or Perspex (trade names for the same material) is not
ideal for sandblasting visors or windows - too hard and marks very easily.
         Transparent P.V.C or Polycarbonate is better but the best is to
use glass with a thin (cheap) sheet of Polycarbonate or P.V.C. taped over
it and just replace this as it gets cloudy.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---