[SEL] Stover

Joseph L. Betz jlb94 at juno.com
Thu Jun 8 07:31:01 PDT 2006

Hi Rich,

You sure seem to have more than enough trouble with mags.

I've never putzed with the mags on my engines - but -
just for fun, I went out to see what mine were set at.

When open the points are about 1/8th inch.

The Wico Manual doesn't give a specific gap - However - It tells it like
this:

On engines using the type No.2 drive (such as Stover CT-1)
the breaker point contacts should just open when the armature
is 3/32" away from the cores.

Hope this helps.

 Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
 jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
  ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
  \/)"(\/         "The big fish always get away -
  (_o_)                    that's why they're big."