[SEL] Recent Lister CS Book

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Jul 20 11:22:15 PDT 2006

Hi Bob,
         I posted to this list about 10 days ago that this book was
available so maybe you responded to that.
         If David did not answer your mail then there can be only one
reason - he never got it! Maybe you made the same mistake I once made - his
address is: <enginbooks at aol.com> as mentioned by Peter Scales "there is no
"e" between engin and books".
         He usually answers his mail within hours - no matter how involved
your query might be (and, by the way it is answered by him personally - no
secretaries , no auto response, no nonsense).
         He does exist and is alive and well - I've had correspondence with
him today. You could not wish to deal with a better person - his integrity
and service is without equal and his books are excellent.
         Please do yourself a favour and get his books - either from him
direct or from Paul Evans (Internal Fire Museum also needs funds and I'm
sure David will not begrudge the museum it's bit of profit).

That's all from me tonight!
Keep well,
Jerry Evans
(South Africa)

At 06:00 PM 20/07/2006, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:55:15 -0700
>From: Bob W7AVK <rsrolfne at atnet.net>
>Subject: [SEL] Recent Lister CS Book
>To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>
>Good Morning - Recently I learned of a new book by David Edgingtion
>called THE LISTER CS STORY.  The instructions at the web site
>http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/ say to email him to request the
>total costs and place an order.  I sent an mail several days ago
>requesting cost, if he took paypal, etc.   I've not received an answer.
>
>Couple questions from a new list member and novice to the hobby on the
>west coast of the USA.  Is there a USA source for the Stationary Engine
>Books?  Does David Edgingtion exist and how is he about returning his
>mail?  Hope he is in good health.  How is the LISTER CS book?
>
>Thanks
>
>Regards,
>
>Bob R.
>Mose Lake, WA. USA