[SEL] BIG Iron

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun Jul 9 21:09:14 PDT 2006

Yeah John, there are a few single cylinders around as well as 3 two
cylinders..  I know of nearly everyone that's out there and the single
cylinders total about 30.  As far as the two clyinders,  I have a 20 HP
and the big 50 and Mike Leet of TX has a 30.  They were built in
Winchester, KY and their unique feature is the carb set up.  A brass
chain is used as the fuel pump by virtue of it to dipping in the fuel
and carrying it up to a slide valve mechanism in the carb.  They were
headless and didn't use gaskets as all joints were "ground to fit" as
their literature said.  Both valves were actuated via a double lobe cam
and then a rockshaft transferred the energy of the cam to the valves.
The 50 is the 14th Hagan I've got so I kind of like them!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY