[SEL] bore and sleave an engine question

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Fri Jul 7 13:17:06 PDT 2006

Curt & All -

   Thanks for the lead on the crank grinding service. I've also heard of
an outfit down in So Cal that also does specialty work, but weighing in
at 42 lbs., the shipping alone won't be cheap. This is for my Lister 3/1
which has been apart now since this past November. At present, I'm being
told that work is afoot in getting a complete new crank shipped from
India. My source, George Breckenridge of Utterpower.com, is very choosy
about the quality of parts he deals with, so he may have a decent
supplier set up. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'm going out
now to pour the first gas into a freshly restored 6HP Fairbanks.
   As for the Jaeger boring episode, I have a standard size Bridgeport,
but use their 90 degree drive up between the mains to do the job. It's
the same type of setup as shown in the second picture on this page of
the Waterloo restoration: http://www.oldengineshed.com/waterloo2.html.

TTYL

- Steve

--