[SEL] Engine Trip

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Sun Jan 29 20:14:40 PST 2006

At 10:41 PM 1/29/2006, you wrote:
>It s all true!  Except for the scantily clad woman - She was fully dressed
>and was old - I mean real old.  Nearly as old as Dave!

"Old?" My goodness "old" must have a different meaning in NC from what it
has in PA! This chick was about 19 and had VERY little on! I guess that in
NC (Spencer's home state) any girl over 16 must be "old." I think that
"old" in that context is a legal term--but I'm not sure. Tommy, can you
help us here?

>   Oh - and the old
>man with the gun put his gun away as soon as he realized the only sane
>person in the group - me - was the only one that was not packing heat....
>He quickly figured if the insane ones have the guns, what on earth could
>the sane one have up his sleeve.

As one traverses the hills in WV one never knows what one might encounter.
bears, coyotes, cougars--even "old" women. One must always be prepared!

>Seriously though, the day was great.  The engines were interesting and
>Arnie's and Dave's explanations got me up to speed on oil field engines
>quickly.   I actually know a little something about them now!   But most
>importantly, the was weather and the country was gorgeous.   There really
>wasn't any gun play and our hosts were great guys.

There is not normally "gun play" when the other side knows they are
"outgunned!"

>The wells and derricks
>were as intersting as the engines truth be told.   A lot of intersting
>history in them thar hills in addition to rusty iron.

Are we now back to that "old" scantily clad 19 year old? I just can't
believe how you kept telling her "No" when she kept asking "Is there
anything else you want?" YOU BE DA MAN!

>I have to make a few calls and look at a few other options, but there may
>be an engine extraction party this spring; so stayed tuned

Don't jump at the first oil field engine you see. As I tell my boys often,
"You're NOT really in love--your just in heat!

>Spencer Yost

         Dave