[SEL] OT........bush fires in Australia-now songs

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 16:52:04 PST 2006

Thanks Jim!

Behind on email so hadn't got to that post yet.  Found the lyrics; must
be a POWERFUL song!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll check out the sites you mentioned;
sound real interesting!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Lew

<<snip>>
  Did you try to (at least) read the lyrics by doing as I  described?
If you want, you can visit the writers website.  Again...James
Keelaghan.  Though I do not know for sure, there may  be a download
opportunity for "Cold Missouri Waters" on his site or  some other.
Richard Shindell also covered it.
  Know that if you have an appetite for music in general or,
specifically, folk genre, there is a treasure trove of internet radio
broadcast services available to you.  Largely, these are free and  by
utilizing them, a vast panorama of music is at your  fingertips.  In
many, many cases this is wonderful material that  one would never be
able to audition due to distribution (retail)  limitations plus, of
course, the "out of pocket" it would require to  make purchases even if
the recordings could be found.

  Too, there are download services (e.g., LimeWire) that enable you to
build your own library of the music that you like.  This is done  by
artist, genre, album title, etc. etc.,
  All of these things are worth an investigation.  For example, on  the
internet radio thing, try Live365.com or Radioio.com or  RismixLive.com.
Take a bit of time and explore.  I guarantee  that, once you try it, you
will become hooked and I say this in the  very best of ways.
  Let me know your thoughts on the Keelaghan song.
  Best.
  Jim Moran/Rochester, New York

Lew Best <bee_keeper at earthlink.net> wrote:  Hey Dave

Unfortunately I'm not on broadband anymore; can it be sent to a dial-up
connection?  I'd love to hear it; love that type of songs.  If not how
do you send it; by email?  Might be able to get my ex-wife's daughter to
receive it & burn it to a CD; she's still "one of my kids" in my
opinion.  :)

Lew Best near Waco, TX USA
List owner of the following swap lists you might be interested in
beekeeping_exchange-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
homestead_small_farming_exchange-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
shop_tool_exchange-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

<
> folk-style  tune called "Cold Missouri Water" that you might find
compelling.  <>

If anyone wants a MP3 of "Cold Missouri Water" & is on broadband I will
try to send it to you.
Dave Croft
Warrington
England