[SEL] Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Status

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Tue Jan 24 20:52:51 PST 2006

Hi List,
Well, the Fairbanks Morse dishpan that I got at Christmas ran today  for the
first time.  It needed a fuel tank and the magneto required  re-charging.  I
finished installing the tank and fuel line with check valve  this afternoon.
Then, I poured some gas into the tank, cranked it over a  few time, and then
the sweet sound of it chugging away began.
The previous owner told me that the last time this engine ran was  about ten
years ago.  It was a good thing for me that he had kept the  engine under
cover for all these years.  It made the job of getting engine  into a running
condition little easier.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA