[SEL] Sheet metal work

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 12 05:36:11 PST 2006

First, I will apologize for asking a tractor question on the SEL.  I bought
an Oliver 70 which is pretty complete in the sheet metal department.  The
tin is also pretty straight but is quite pitted.  Now Olivers are my
favorite tractor in terms of looks because they are so smooth.  The
streamlined look was definitely in when these machines were designed.  With
pitted sheet metal the smooth look is in trouble.  I have read, on the SEL,
about products that you use to slick up rough cast surfaces.  what are the
names of some of these products and are they suitable for sheet metal use?
What kind of surface prep is needed before application?