[SEL] Found Oil Field Engine Update

Ed edstoller at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 14:17:39 PST 2006

We went out to look at this little jewel again today:

 The flywheels are 46.5 inches in diameter and 4 1/8 wide on a 3.5 inch
diameter shaft. The number  ZFB13C1 is on it.

There is a number 3   3   59 cast into the cover of the crank case. I need
to know if this is a casting date because if it is I will pass this engine
up.

The clutch has Arrow 15A    MM  on it and a symbol GTI inside a diamond on
it.

The fan pulley has ZF  86070A  cast into it.  Should probably be ZFB 6070 A.

The radiator mount has ZFB 502A 10 cast into it.

The crank case has ZFB 2A26 CAST  into it with KC above it and  3   6  59
above that. Again I need to know if these are casting date numbers.

I recognise the ZFB part numbers as Fairbanks-Morse. The man on the seen
said it was 18 HP. There are two screws under the radiator where I think the
name plate went; no s/n stamped in the cast iron. The pictures are at
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/id12.html  .

Ed Stoller

  _____