[SEL] Patina on Brass

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Tue Jan 10 07:59:01 PST 2006

Sir Gudineff,
Excellent work and we appreciate your documentation and web writing skills.
Did you needle scale the rectangular cap? It looks as old as the engine now!

You did a great job on the concave for the knurled oiler top. I was
trying to do a concave on a valve for Devin's Baker last summer. You
know, that gentle sweep under the valve head where it transitions to the
stem. Oh I sucked on that freehand stuff! I do OK on nice square stuff
but shapes are a whole 'nother ballgame. I just gave up and made a 2
piece valve for his engine. I'm impressed how well you did!

Interesting advise on oiling a file. Would have never though of that! I
always oil a hacksaw blade before sawing to keep it from sticking so it
make good sense that it would help with files too. Alway something to
learn on this list.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC