[SEL] Is this a record???/ now what are you working on this winter?

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Jan 9 12:58:52 PST 2006

Jerry,
If it makes you feel better I've been working on both my Stickney engine
and the tray cooled Alamo engine.
On the Stickney I have all the castings for the fuel pumper machined and
they are on the engine. Saturday I stuck a pan of mineral spirits under
it and it pumped all the way up to the site gage cage! Glenn, Arnie,
Rick, the combination of check balls you sent worked. Now I have piping
work to do to route the fuel from the pump to the mixer. It's been a
year long project to get this done from making the patterns, to getting
them cast, to machining them, and on the engine. I'll put some pictures
together shortly....

On the Alamo I've been making new valves, reaming the guides oversize,
seating the valves, rebuilding the water pump, making fixtures to pour
new babbitt mains, making all new bolts/screws/studs, new brass in the
wrist pin end of the conn. rod, etc.
Still have to bore the cylinder, make a pattern/cast/machine an oversize
piston, pour the mains, and assemble it. May run out of winter!

Last week Tommy B. and I put the crank and new poured mains in his
Rumley lightweight and set the end clearance. It rolls sweet! Cylinder
liners are next. I need to take some pictures of this....

Missy is now referring to herself as a machineshop widow as I am there
most nights until about 8 or 8:30. But as she says it is good safe fun
and she knows where I am!

OK guys, tell us what you are working on....
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC