[SEL] Is this a record???

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Jan 9 12:12:16 PST 2006

At 12:00 PM 09/01/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: antivirus OT (nick)
>    2. Re: antivirus OT (fero_ah at city-net.com)
>    3. Re: antivirus OT (John Culp)
>    4. Re: antivirus OT (James Moran)
>    5. Re: SEL Digest, Vol 22, Issue 8 (Jerry Evans)
>    6. Re: antivirus OT (Rex Hinz)
>    7. Re: antivirus OT (svsuzanne at copper.net)
>    8. Re: antivirus OT (svsuzanne at copper.net)
>    9. Re: antivirus OT (Judge Tommy Turner)
>   10. Re: antivirus OT (Listerdiesel)
>   11. Re: antivirus OT (Jeff Allen)
>   12. Re: antivirus OT (R & M Ingold)
>   13. Re: antivirus OT (Duncan Denman)
>   14. Re: antivirus OT (Mick DeMaria)
>   15. RE: antivirus OT (Bill Dickerson)
>   16. Re: antivirus OT (Keith Kinney)
>   17. Re: antivirus OT (Dave Croft)
>   18. Re: antivirus OT (Michael P. Koryciak)
>   19. !-3/4 hP economy found my Christmas Tree (Rex Hinz)
>   20. Re: antivirus OT (Edward Tabor)
>   21. Re: antivirus OT (John E. Hart)
>   22. Re: antivirus OT (Mark Shattuck)
>   23. OT Antivirus  (Mark Shattuck)
>   24. Re: !-3/4 hP economy found my Christmas Tree (Glenn A Karch)
>   25. Re: OT Antivirus  (peter ogborne)
>   26. A request to Australian members.....Freezing Plants.
>       (peter ogborne)
>   27. Re: antivirus OT (Fred)
>   28. Re: OT Antivirus (Duncan Denman)
>   29. Re: OT Antivirus (bill at antique-engines.com)
>   30. Re: OT Antivirus (bill at antique-engines.com)
>   31. Re: antivirus OT (bill at antique-engines.com)
>   32. Seneca Falls lathe (Richard Strobel)
>   33. Fairbanks Morse Dishpan Oiling Questions (FRM8198 at aol.com)

Hey Guys,
This has to be an all time record for an engine list: (Above copied from
"Digest")
         27 Off Topic (Antivirus)
         5 Engine related.

         If I am not mistaken this thread originated from Peter Lowe in Aus
who started his mail with a ("disclaimer" or explanation) and specifically
asked everyone to reply "off list".
         What happened ??
         Use whatever Antivirus programme you are comfortable with - at the
end of the day a lot of things just boil down to common sense and if you do
not go for the "updates" (automatically or otherwise) then it is your own
problem. All antivirus progs have their "pro's & con's" but actually it all
boils down to the user in the end.

         REMEMBER :- When all is lost there is a list member with a "Data
Recovery" business - no names mentioned (just read the Sig.)
         Can we talk about engines again - Please !

Best regards
Jerry Evans.

Visit our website: www.databak.co.za

---