[SEL] antivirus OT

Fred fred.southwell at v21mail.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 02:15:54 PST 2006

As a retired IT professional I have come across many "solutions" to this
problem. It seems to me that most AV solutions work to a degree BUT there is
no one product that will give complete security. There is also the
"personal" factor to take into consideration, products suit the working
methods of some people but not others. It's often a case of what you are
comfortable with.
There's also the issue of what degree of input do you want, either on
installation or in use. Do you want complete automation or are you more
comfortable with some level of personal control?

I am about to change my own AV protection. The reason is that the program
that I have used for years is now too invasive and takes too much CPU time
with all it's additions that accumulated over recent times.
I have installed AVG on PCs that I have built for others and they have been
happy with it so I'm going to give it a try.

Fred