[SEL] Re: SEL Digest, Vol 22, Issue 8

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Jan 8 11:10:05 PST 2006

At 12:00 PM 08/01/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject: [SEL] Engine Tags
>
>Hi all.
>I am working on a 7 hp Economy, I have a replacement serial no. tag and
>would like to stamp it to look somewhat like original.  Does anyone have
>the skill to make it look like the original script?  Or could someone
>post a large image of an original tag, or better yet does anyone have an
>original tag in the 123xxx number range that they would be willing to
>part with?  Thanks
>
>Ron Haskell
><snip><snip>

Hi Ron,
         What you could do is find a local sign shop who has a computerised
engraving machine and they could engrave it to look just like the original
stamped numbers. They usually have a very large range of letterstyles and
you could probably find one that matches the original. If not I could do a
drawing of the letterstyle if you let me have a good copy (jpg) and email
it to you - we would just have to find out what software they use and I
could send it in a format they would be able to use.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787 or 083 283 7191
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---