[SEL] Re: My New Years Day

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Jan 3 09:41:35 PST 2006

Hi Steve,

WOW, there was some really nice iron at that little get together.
That 4 hp Foos is downright gorgeous.

That "Mystery Engine Tag" for the Howe Engine from Middletown, Ohio
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2006NewYearDay/30.jpg
is really interesting.  Take a look at that 10-page patent (#658,594
issued September 25, 1900).  It's a REALLY neat sideshaft engine.
I took a look in the GEM index and didn't run across any references to a
Howe engine.  Has anyone else seen or heard of one?  It has a pretty
unique and interesting configuration (based on the patent drawings).

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Congrats on getting your Independent Harvester unstuck.  8-))

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com