[SEL] My New Years Day

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Tue Jan 3 09:34:26 PST 2006

Happy New Year...

My 2006 Year started out great.  We had a small get together in Sandwich
IL with several other engine friends on Jan 1.  We had 3 model engines and
my project (along with the other engines in the my friends new shop).

The project was a 3hp Independent Harvester Pull Rod Engine.  I purchased
the stuck engine at an auction several years ago and it sat in the back of
my garage for the past few years.  I would spray stuck parts on it from
time to time.  This time, I decided to load it into the back of the truck
and take it out to the get together...  after 2 hours, we got the head off
and 10 minutes later, the piston was out.  More time was spent getting the
other stuck parts loose.

It was a fun day it sounds like it might be a monthly thing to do during
the winter now... Bring a project and have fun.  I didn't run any of my
engines, but this was just as enjoyable.

Pictures (and a few other gems shown)at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/ShowReports/2006NewYears.htm

Oh Yeah, there are a few other pics on the page that I took that night as
I had to assist another collector with a computer problem...

Steve

Steve Barr                N9NDE            Downers Grove, IL
          http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr
                      stevebarr at ameritech.net