[SEL] Free engine related books on the web

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Mon Jan 2 12:26:57 PST 2006

I have been wandering around the Project Gutenberg books by Google
http://www.gutenberg.org/  All the books are free.
There are some Tractor, steam, and machinery related books on there.  Most
are plane type and therefor no pictures, and very small files.  75K

Hint.  I found the plane type books to be much more readable if you open
them in a word processor and pick a nicer type font.

Some of the books are in HTML format and therefor look like they did
original including drawings and pictures.  Here is an example.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11368/11368-h/images/150/013.jpg

Here are two books I have found interesting.  Let me know what you find.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11368/11368-h/11368-h.htm
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/11164

I posted this with the wrong subject, this is a repost.

Frank

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>http://www.oldengine.org/members/<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com