[SEL] OT: Google Earth images

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 13:18:18 PST 2006

Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:  On 1/1/06, James Moran  wrote:
>  Is this the first time that you used Google Earth or are you referring  to the (recent) update? If you are "on it", you can peek at us by  dialing in 3575 Chili Avenue, Rochester, New York 14624. Ours is the  poperty with the long driveway leading back to a modern-styled house  (pool in back). We are on about 25 acres. As you scan south, you will  see barn and a "stream" (Black Creek) that winds through the property.  The ranch house to the west (on Stottle Road) is also ours (my mother  lives in that house). As suggested, the other farm property (McCormick  Deering, IHC M, etc.) can be seen by going to 60 Golden Road, 14624.
>   JM

First time we have played with it, but as we are on DSL it seemed to
be a good time to look at it. The boys like looking round the WWII
airfields, we are in the middle of an area which had intensive areas
converted to airfields, so they can look at the images and see
features not available on foot.

The current image sets seem to be about 2 years old.
  ** That is correct.  As you explore G/E, you will notice that  certain areas of the world (more populated, for example) are more  "detailed", so to speak.  A neat feature allows you to "outline"  buildings in major cities, too.  Again, your latitude/longitude  specs did not work (for me at least).  If you give something along  the lines of an address, that would help.
  Jm

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes