[SEL] OT: Google Earth images

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:57:56 PST 2006

We were playing around with the new Google earth satellite images over
the holiday break, and found it to be quite usable.

Parts of the world are not available as detailed scans, but the
following location should bring up our two fields and the horses are
in the right-hand one.

Area of the fields is just over 5 acres.

52deg 19' 01.61" North
0 Deg 31' 07.50" West

Set the viewing altitude to about 800ft

If you click and drag the image upwards (viewing more southwards) you
can see the bottom of RAF Chelveston, home to one of the 8th AF wings
in WWII, some of the ammunition storage sheds are still visible, and
we had a fruitful search there a few weeks ago with a metal detector.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com