[SEL] Member's Sites on Oldengine.org - IMPORTANT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:49:16 PST 2006

On 2/19/06, Dave Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>          I've talked to several people here who know MUCH more about this
> sort of thing than do I and they all say that what you have found is
> "normal" and nothing to worry about. Aenus and Bill (as well as others)
> seem to be saying the same thing--ie it's "normal." Have you checked with
> anyone that you know (who KNOWS something about this program) to see if,
> indeed, it is normal? If not, when do you think you may have some
> definitive information on the situation?
>          Dave

Hi Dave:

While it may be normal to have Frontpage folders on a system using
Frontpage to create webpages, it is NOT NORMAL  for those sites who
have NEVER used Frontpage. This is the first instance I have seen of
this happening in the 7 years we have been with Oldengine, which is
why I alerted everyone.

I am not in possession of any more information, and have not heard
back from the support guy, who may only work weekdays. Until I do, you
should do nothing other than arranging backups of your site material,
just in case.

I am sure that had I knowledge of this and NOT alerted everyone, I
would have been the subject of a lot of abuse had there subsequently
been a problem with the site(s)

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes