[SEL] Casting process

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 19 10:30:42 PST 2006

Richard

I have a hobby casting group on yahoo
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/castinghobby

Clint

Richard Strobel wrote:

>Andrew, I've found your website very interesting!!!  I have a
>refractory..called it a kiln up until now.  It's very similiar in design to
>yours.  Found it interesting that you use no forced air as in others I've
>seen.
>
>   Looking forward to seeing the tools that you use to handle the hot
>crucible.  Thanks also for the chart!
>
>My friend and I would like to start out with Aluminum.
>
>  Again, thanks
>RickinMt.
>

>>I do mostly aluminum casting on a smaller scale with a propane
>>fired crucible furnace and using greensand in the molds. Not really much
>>to see when your actually pouring the metal in the mold. If I have a
>>pattern ready it usually takes me about an hour to prepare the mold, and
>>about 20 - 30 minutes from a cold furnace to pouring temperature. If
>>enough people are interested i'll take some pictures during different
>>stages and post them on the website. Here's a link to my other site that
>>shows more pics of my furnace and some aluminum ingots being poured.
>>http://www.netpluscom.com/~10730/foundry.html
>>Andrew.

--------------060509050307010502040704

<head>
</head>
Richard<br>
I have a hobby casting group on yahoo<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/castinghobby">http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/castinghobby</a><br>
Clint<br>
Richard Strobel wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Andrew, I've found your website very interesting!!!  I have a
refractory..called it a kiln up until now.  It's very similiar in design to
yours.  Found it interesting that you use no forced air as in others I've
seen.

   Looking forward to seeing the tools that you use to handle the hot
crucible.  Thanks also for the chart!

My friend and I would like to start out with Aluminum.

  Again, thanks
RickinMt.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I do mostly aluminum casting on a smaller scale with a propane
fired crucible furnace and using greensand in the molds. Not really much
to see when your actually pouring the metal in the mold. If I have a
pattern ready it usually takes me about an hour to prepare the mold, and
about 20 - 30 minutes from a cold furnace to pouring temperature. If
enough people are interested i'll take some pictures during different
stages and post them on the website. Here's a link to my other site that
shows more pics of my furnace and some aluminum ingots being poured.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.netpluscom.com/~10730/foundry.html">http://www.netpluscom.com/~10730/foundry.html</a>
Andrew.
    </pre>
SEL mailing list