[SEL] Member's Sites on Oldengine.org - IMPORTANT

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Sun Feb 19 02:50:01 PST 2006

Any chance they are running source code control such as source safe or cvs on the server? It will make similar files and
it will create duplicates. Anyone on the list know if the server is unix (linux?) or windows based?

Speaking from a systems perspective - until you hear back from the techie I would not do anything. If the duplicate
files you are looking at are just symbolic or hard links to your files then you are (or risk) deleting your real files.

A good prerogative is never attempt to fix something you do not fully understand yourself - you may be doing more harm
than good. Of course you may also stumble across the right answer too!

Paul

<snip>

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia